Dawning of a New Era

Yes I've been listening to the specials but also I'm not looking on this period or transitional phase as the end of an era as that's just too depressing! In the past fortnight I have graduated from university, lived through and been MoH at my best friends wedding, moved back to Birmingham and left everything that I have known for the past three years behind me! In all fairness i can't lie I felt like moving back to Birmingham was just me regressing and going backwards, I'd lived away from home and now I was going back; reverting to the 19 year old that left! Each situation is only as you perceive it! If I look on this time in a negative light then it will be a negative experience.

This was nearly the boat that I found myself in ... but if there's one thing I'm not it's a pessimist...debate that as you will!

However sometimes we need to move backwards so we can move forwards. A slight diversion may seem nothing at the start but as time progresses you end up far away from your end goal. I know that right now I am meant to be in Birmingham even if there is a part of me that wants to be in Manchester, it's not where I am supposed to be it's just where I am comfortable and that is not the same thing.

As I apply for any job I can find and actually think on what I would like to do I realise that I probably should have done a degree in Social Work. In reality I just want  job where I'm working with people and I'm serving in some capacity; volunteer development? yes please! Youth work? thank you kindly! Social worker? Why! however did you know!... Alas!...jobs in these fields right now seem few and few between so I'll take what I can get!

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best night and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting"

- e. e. Cummings
Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.