This year, less fear more fun!

I'm an only child but apparently you can't tell! However there are certain things that I do ...or don't do that I have put down to the fact that I have no siblings.

I don't talk alot; my Dad likes to talk....my listening skills, I attribute to my mom, she taught me to be polite, also my dad as he likes to talk and, well ...it's polite to listen! The fact that I don't like to talk I have put down to the simple reason that I'm so used to people talking...I rather enjoy it when people aren't! it gives me a chance to listen to everything else going on around me!

I'm confident with who I am....to a degree! btu at the sme time I'm not confident in expressing my opinion! there are many reasons behind this,

1) because after you express an opinion, people want to ask you questions about said opinion and I rarely feel confident enough to do that!

2) I care too much what people think! back to the whole only child saga, I care about my friends and I'd rather not risk isolating them with my views and opinions, not that I'm one to chastise people with my opinions or force them on anyone else but hey...no one said my reasoning made sense!

3) what's my opinion worth any way! I like to think and as a result of that I'd much rather listen to other peoples point of view and inwardly see how I feel about it!

....Sometimes I feel like I might want to express a point or contribute to a discussion ... but by that time conversation has usually moved on!


I have my freinds, I'm happy with them. I wouldn't really mind if my friend count stopped as it is as. I have enough close friends that I really don't mind if I didnt make any new friends in the next year or so! Yes sometimes, as they know, I can be blunt but I have nothing to fear. So what if you don't agree with my point of view...if I'm really honest I don't actually care because everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's about time I started expressing mine!

as the title suggests this year...well from now LESS FEAR MORE FUN!

This weekend was stake conference...I had to speak! I was quite happy I was on the Saturday session rather than the Sunday one as I may have had a break down. I was still petrified but I managed to get through it! Less fear ...more fun!

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best night and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting"

- e. e. Cummings
Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.