Stop the clocks!

Today was a Thursday ... it technically still is a Thursday! Since the start of this term I have had a shocking work ethic, to make up for this lagging work ethic I have a theory... nothing good happens on days that begin with a "T".....it is therfore quite convienient that I am only in classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays! I met up with a friend from my course in our hour brek to discuss our plans for the future and the happenings in our friends lives. It was nice to sit and talk to Lottie as I have missed her calming effect on me. It does not seem like I have already endured two years of accademic criticism at the hands of the faculty of social sciences at Manchester University, but soon my time as an undergraduate will draw to an end and I will have my degree! it will not show my true potential because rather than applying myself in the ways that I, and everyone around me knows I can, I instead procrastinate and panic. As much as I do not want to be this person I cannot help it. As much as I try to apply myself I inevitabley become distracted with everything and anything around me, secluding my self from distractions doesn't help as then I just end up deep in thought pondering on some abstract point that has no relevnce. Today I noticed how many people in my lectures were left handed and what a peculiar thing writing is, from holding a pen, to the movements of said pen to finally the resultant handwriting which are just shapes on a piece of paper that through our common knowledge we all understand and hold meaning to the varied collections of shapes. Today I paid attention in my classes and I still had time for that! I love the English language and all of it's complexities, strange quirks and patterns.

I'm going to miss being at University, sounds strange I know; but I love the accademic aspects, reading, writting[however flawed my essays may be], discussing and the rest of it! I love the feeling after a day of lectures...clouded by the tiredness, the sense of achievement, a hapiness at having learnt something new, at understanding a new theory and how it applies. I can continue my love for political philosophy after leaving university but I won't be surrounded with classrooms and theatres of people who have the same interests and I know have read the same things as I have. I will miss that. Here's to higher education and all of the perks! I'm going to relish my last semester, as postgraduate study seems to be a far cry from undergraduate in oh so many ways!

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best night and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting"

- e. e. Cummings
Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.