Strummin' 'n' Hummin'

"Ye are the light of the world.
A city that is set on an hill cannot
be hid.

Neither do men light a candle,
and put it under a bushel, but on a
candlestick; and it giveth light unto
all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before
men, that they may see your good
works, and glorify your Father
which is in heaven."

- Matthew 5 : 14-16
There are certain things that I do and if I'm honest I do them quite well. I know this and I am greatful for this, I have no desire to share these things with other people. This causes a slight issue with the fact that on December 19th we're hosting an "Acoustic Christmas" at our house and I am one of many people performing. I have no issue singing in the house...when I am alone, or when Lisa's in [I think she's sick of me singing] I hate singing infront of people which leads me to sing like a child through gritted teeth. I can't sing infront of the smallest of groups and if this event is like anything else that happens at our house it won't be a small group, it'll be quite a sizeable one.
I enjoy singing; to myself, as soon as anyone else is there I think that they just want me to shut up. I'm also going to have to play the guitar at the same time....I'm looking forward to that even less than I'm looking forward to singing.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to Strummin' 'n' Hummin'

  1. i love your voice you diva. just pretend it's just me and sister haefen?! listening.
    you are wonderful at everything. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. or pretend its karoke night in bottles and chimney! :)

    ReplyDelete

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best night and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting"

- e. e. Cummings
Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.