Corruption can be fun...

As predicted the joys of exams took over for the latter half of January and the first hing to disappear was my blog into the technological ether that is the internet! Painful as revision can be (...global justice was painful beyond belief!) I found myself enjoying my revision for the Corruption module that I had detested during the term! Going through my notes I found myself reflecting on many of the points scrawled down . So these don't go to waste the next few posts will most likely be expanding on points I hve found in text books or excercise books and what I have thought about them.

One of the first ones was a quick fleeting comment from a passage in Skinner where he refers to Laziness and Ambition as twin evils. Adding some context I was revising republicanism; not the American party "The Republicans" but the idea of Republics such as Sparta! All was done in support of the Republic, anything which was not empowering the republic was seen as being not of virtue and therefor corrupt. Keeping this in mind the idea of laziness and ambition being the lrgest evils of equal strength makes sense; laziness being the refusal to take upon themselves the burden of fighting for the cause whatever the cause may be, coupled with ambition blinding individuals to the greater good. I thought for a while what I thought may be the evils of today and after much thought I decided upon Selfishness and idleness....which is pretty much the same as laziness and ambition, wether in a republic or a democracy a love for your fellow man coupled with  good work ethic always come out on top.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best night and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting"

- e. e. Cummings
Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.